Orange inaugurates the first laboratory in France dedicated to OpenRAN Technology. Benetel is proud to be a partner, providing Radio Units for development and testing.
Traditional Radio Access Networks (RANs) consist of hardware and software integrated by a single provider, with software and hardware interfaces operating in a closed proprietary system. The so-called Open RAN technology makes it possible to open these networks to different suppliers and equipment manufacturers, thereby helping to improve the management and maintenance of these networks, reducing the costs of deployment and operation, making them more flexible in case of evolution, and adjusting them to the needs of end customers. It is also based on generic servers and natively integrates artificial intelligence into its operating principles.
Several partners, that are Open RAN hardware or software developers, will test their products in this new testing center, including:
- Amphenol : antenna provider
- AW2S / SERMA : radio product supplier
- Benetel : radio product supplier
- Cellwize : RAN-SMO and Non RT RIC Platform
- DELL : open infrastructure provider
- Intel : supplier of platform, processor, and acceleration technologies
- Keysight : supplier of advanced test and validation solutions
- Nokia : RAN supplier
- Samsung : RAN supplier
- VIAVI : supplier of testing and measuring equipment
Full details on the Orange Website.