Are you inquisitive, hungry for success, and driven to develop products that connect people? At Benetel, we are changing the 5G World. We are growing and we need people like you!
The Test Department Manager will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to lead a fast-growing team and drive the development and test of Benetel’s 5G ORAN Radio Unit [O-RU] products.
Successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Architecting, designing, and executing hardware and software test strategy and plans
- Perform all test/ management activities – resource management, monitor and control, manage risks and issues, manage quality.
- Ensure overall quality and performance of Benetel’s 5G Radio solutions.
- Lead the senior and junior test engineers guiding them to ensure adherence to Benetel’s processes and best practices.
- Drive the design, development and continuously improvement of new and existing test processes in the company including O-RAN and 3GPP Compliance test suites.
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
- Support the Sales team on Manufacture Test Solution opportunities, providing costing, project timelines, resource usage etc.
- Transfer of in-house test solutions to contract manufacturer for high volume testing of Benetel O-RU solutions
Educational and Experience Requirements
It is expected that candidates will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics or Software Engineering and achieved a 2.1 or greater.
Candidates should have 8 years’ relevant experience versus the competencies listed below.
Candidates are expected to have demonstrated proficiency in the following areas:
- Experience with test automation tools and scripting languages, such as Python & Jenkins and/or LabVIEW/TestStand, for developing automated test scripts and framework.
- Extensive experience in testing and quality assurance of wireless communication systems, with a focus on 4G/5G/O-RAN technologies
- Management of lab infrastructure & calibration schedules
- Management of the test team; monitoring team member turnover; identify key factors that can be improved; make improvements.
- Strong knowledge of 4G/5G network architecture, protocols, and standards, including 3GPP specifications
- Analyse test results, identify issues, and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including firmware/software developers and RF design engineers, to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Keysight and R&S test instrumentation experience (5GNR and 4G); e.g., Spectrum Analyser, Signal Generator configuration and automation
- Knowledge of Ubuntu/Debian Linux environments, version control (Git/SVN)