The Senior Hardware Engineer will be responsible for the definition and architecture of leading-edge baseband processor systems for our current and future 4G and 5G applications. In this position, the candidate will be responsible for the overall definition of baseband processor hardware platform requirements and implementation where the performance, power and cost are the key.
The role spans the full development life-cycle through specification, design, documentation, implementation, debug and test.
The established team working environment provides an opportunity to develop and grow skills and expertise in embedded system hardware development for leading edge wireless technologies.
Due to our company’s growth and expansion with our new office in Tricity metropolitan area in Poland, we are looking for highly skilled and motivated people to help continuous business growth and to be successful.
Desired Skills and Expertise:
Educational and Experience Requirements
A Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic or Computer Engineering or other relevant discipline and 5+ years of relevant experience is required. Position and salary highly dependent on experience.
It is expected that candidates will have demonstrated some or all of the following competencies.
- 5+ years of experience on board level design and development (high speed digital circuits, analogue, power supply, CPU and/or FPGA implementation and design).
- Work with internal and external partners to bring reference designs to production.
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout tools (Altium Designer)
- Expertise in timing budget, noise margin, crosstalk, signal skew, signal loss and signal integrity of all clocks and critical high-speed data signals.
- Strong processor and memory subsystem digital and analogue design skills.
- Clock source and distribution design with proven ability in PLL design and programming.
- PSU including Switch Mode Power Supply and PoE design.
- Experience with designing CPU complex, using ARM, DDR3 and similar memory technologies.
- Multi-gigabit interface knowledge and design (Ethernet, SGMII, RGMII, PCI).
- PCB Stack-up definition for High-Speed and Mixed-Signal PCB designs.
- Ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary engineering team is a must.
- Fluent English skills (technical, spoken and written).
- C programming and MCU firmware development experience.
- Hardware descriptor languages as VHDL and experience in FPGA firmware development.
- Familiarity of highly integrated SoC processors for Small Cell applications would be an advantage.
- Experience with schematic capture and pcb layout tools.
- Expertise in simulation tools (Spice, ADS, Matlab).
- Ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary engineering team.
- Root cause and resolve problems and issues during board bring-up.