We have an exciting opportunity for a 5G NR M-plane senior development engineer and graduate M-plane development engineers to join the Benetel team.
These talented individuals will define, design and build Benetel’s O-RAN conformant M-plane server and client applications supporting the Bentel’s 5G O-RAN Radio Unit [O-RU] products
M-plane team engineers work directly with Benetel’s most critical customers to interface to their network management systems and ensure highest performance from deployed Benetel radios in 5G networks.
The roles includes the opportunity of working on leading edge dedicated SOC processors to implement 5G O-RU’s.
The individual(s) appointed will play leading roles in defining, designing and implementing all of our M-plane functionality within and around Benetel O-RUs, while working closely with our strategic customers development teams in integrating new O-RAN compliant features.
These are roles for individuals who wish to see their software developed and deployed quickly where that software is critical to the company’s success. The roles suit adaptive, creative engineers who have a track record of building and debugging software and some experience in mentoring less experienced colleagues.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in embedded Linux software development, with at least 2 years in 5G NR related gNB design & development. It is expected that candidates will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline and achieved a 2.1 or greater.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated proficiency in some of the following areas:
- Significant experience working in OAM application software development for 4G or 5G products
- Significant experience in 3GPP and O-RAN OAM and M-plane standards as they apply to O-RUs
- Experience with Protocol stack development, Netconf protocol and YANG model implementations
- Significant experience in embedded Linux development for RTOS
- Programming experience with C/C++, Matlab, assembly language.
- Accomplished and knowledgeable on embedded Linux development and OAM logging and analysis
- If lacking in 5G or 4G OAM experience, then significant experience in operational and maintenance OAM software deployment is helpful
- Ability to drive/participate proactively in internal and customer facing meetings
- Experience in automated unit and system test development is advantageous
- Willingness to learn in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, written and graphical)
- Ability to react/respond quickly to issues and to be able to think on your feet
- Be the recognised subject matter expert on Bentel’s M-plane implementation.
- Represent Benetel as subject matter expert to partners, customers and wider industry forums
- Lead the M-plane development team, defining coding standards, code quality and deployment standards
- Develop and protect intellectual property assets around Benetel O-RU technologies and solutions
- Act as technical lead on joint development and integration programs with strategic O-DU partners
- Support the Test team in development of Benetel M-plane test strategies and test implementations ensuring comprehensive test coverage
- Enhance other O-RU components as needed to enhance O-DU/O-RU OAM performance
- Support the debug of highly complex (SW and HW) issues in end-to-end deployment scenarios in development/lab/field testing conditions to improve the overall system performance
- Support colleagues in other Benetel engineering teams where OAM or M-plane expertise is needed
Applying for the role is easy – simply click “Apply Now” to send your CV by email to our HR Dept.
If you have any questions related to the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at this time.
Benetel is an Equal Opportunities employer.