Graduate Mechanical Engineer is responsible, as a member of the System and Test Engineering department, for supporting the development and test of Benetel’s products. This requires the execution of the following activities:
- Understanding of customer, regulatory and product requirements.
- Guiding the selection of materials and techniques to ensure an effective, reliable, and functional product.
- Undertaking mechanical design architecture and concept development.
- Reviewing and reporting in both presentation and formal report formats to all levels of the business.
- Assess merits of different design concepts and perform trade-off analyses.
- Modelling, simulation, and analysis using thermal analysis and 3D CAD.
- Work with and support multi-disciplinary teams.
- Manage packages of work to budget, schedule and quality requirements.
- Produce manufacturing drawings, BoMs and assembly instructions for the product.
- Work with manufacturing and outside suppliers and sub-contract houses to ensure they understand the requirements.
- Execution of assigned tasks as agreed with the System & Test Engineering Manager or Project Manager.
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement.
- Commitment to Company Quality Initiatives, including all requirements relating to ISO 9001:2015
Qualifications and Experience
The minimum educational requirement is a bachelor’s diploma/degree in Mechanical Engineering. A master’s degree or PhD with relevant emphasis is advantageous.
Skills & Internal Qualifications
- An excellent understanding of the fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering, including stress, thermal and vibration assessment.
- Working knowledge of Mechanical CAD, specifically SolidWorks.
- Materials knowledge covering metals, composites, and surface treatments.
- Ability to design and test telecommunication products.