The role CFO is a strategic, senior leadership position, reporting directly to the CEO and providing strategic advisory support to the executive management team and board.
The CFO has responsibility for all accounting, finance activities and commercial planning for the company including the overall achievement of the financial, governance and efficiency objectives. You will also be responsible for the provision of financial strategy and planning, overseeing all the financial aspects of the business, including cash management, working capital, debt, taxation, leading budget cycles, regulatory and compliance and management reporting.
You have the ability to balance financial acumen with strong commercial awareness, challenging assumptions and decision-making where appropriate whilst providing robust financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
Strong financial background, ability to work within the structure of an SME. Proven track record of taking a business to scale, raising new funding, and acting as a key adviser to the CEO and board.
- Lead the finance function and deliver highly accurate and timely financial analysis of all aspects of the business
- Helping to secure Government/EU funding and tax incentives
- The CFO is expected to be a process innovator within the business – driving upgrades to existing financial systems to support growth plans
- Support company secretary, stakeholders, CEO, legal & compliance, while adding business value
- Support the commercial team to win business/contract negotiation
- Proactively work on financial modelling in line with business growth
- Identify and escalate reporting matters, with an ability to present at Board level
- Responsible to identify efficiencies and to manage the cash needs of the business
- Understanding and securing Research and Development Tax Credits
- Provide appropriate guidance and knowledge on matters related to corporate change management and business growth
- ERP Systems implementation
- Treasury Management
- Custodian of Company Documentation, with an understanding of legal complexities
- An ability to negotiate deals and funding
- Proven track record of strategic planning
- Qualified Chartered ACCA) or accounting equivalent is required
- Industry experience in a growth SME is highly desired
- A minimum of 5 years plus experience in a senior financial leadership role.
- Proven experience as a Head of Finance or equivalent with day-to-day finance leadership experience.
- Stakeholder management, dealing at senior level with executive team, board, customers, banks, auditors, legal advisors and suppliers
- Track record of successfully managing people
- Experience and ability to demonstrate strategic mindset/plans
- Oversee financial projects that have delivered business goals.
- Industry experience in a fast-paced service environment, ideally in IT, Engineering, Manufacturing or Supply chain
- Strong track record in budget management, strategy setting and execution.
- Previous experience with legal entity set-ups
- Team player with demonstrable decision-making ability with ability to drive and challengeassumptions, where appropriate
- Managing business risk
- Managing working capital/capital spend
- An ability to negotiate deals and arrange funding
Applying for the role is easy – simply click “Apply Now” to send your CV by email to our HR Dept.
If you have any questions related to the role, please email Careers@benetel.com
Benetel is an Equal Opportunities employer.