Benetel is fast becoming one of the up-and-coming players in 5G OpenRAN, positioning ourselves to be an early provider of product to Public and Private Networks.
The company has a strong legacy in Cellular Base Stations, predominantly small cells with deep RF experience. Our multi-disciplinary team members are experts in Wireless Standards, Embedded Software, DSP, RF Design, Digital, Mechanical and Test System design.
Our internal capabilities cover all phases of product development from System Architecture, Design, and Conformance Testing to Automated Test Systems to support high volume product manufacturing. We work closely with major semiconductor and software companies and are committed to delivering the very latest technology products to our global customer base.
We have an exciting opportunity for a 5G NR Systems Architect/Senior Engineer and experienced 5G NR L1 development engineers to join the Benetel team.
These talented individuals will define, design and build next generation L1 features in both Benetell’s 5G O-RAN Radio Unit [O-RU] products and with strategic partners who are developing dedicated L1 silicon to be integrated by Benetel’s design teams. The roles includes the opportunity of working on leading edge dedicated SOC processors to implement 5G O-RU’s.
The individual(s) appointed will play leading roles in defining, designing and implementing all L1 functionality within and around Benetel O-RUs, while working closely with our strategic UL1 and L2 partners in integrating new O-RAN compliant features from their 5G stacks.
Ireland / UK / Poland
Educational and Experience Requirements
A minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience in 4G/5G RAN, with at least 2 years in 5G gNB design & development. It is expected that candidates will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics or Software Engineering and achieved a 2.1 or greater.
Candidates are expected to have demonstrated proficiency in the following areas:
- Deep experience and understanding of 3GPP and O-RAN standards as they apply to O-RUs
- Coding & modulation schema’s as they apply to 5G NR
- 5G NR Signal processing and MatLab simulation of same
- Experience working with Intel FlexRAN
- 5G NR Radio unit architecture and hardware implementation, especially as it relates to signal processing
- Accomplished and knowledgeable on Linux development and network packet analysis
- Ability to drive/participate proactively in internal and customer facing meetings
- Analysis and resolution of real-world fronthaul and RF signal chains
- Willingness to learn in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, written and graphical)
- Ability to react/respond quickly to issues and to be able to think on your feet
In order to develop future features and architectures and to interact efficiently with LL1 and L2 colleagues experience in the following areas is preferred but not required
- Awareness of radio resource management (RRM) concepts to be able to derive FH impacts due to RRM features, e.g. TDD/FDD L1 frame structures, interference management
- Experience working with Phluido UL1
- Intel FPGA familiarity
- Understanding in usage of DPDK and other fast path packet processing technologies
- Python programming
- Develop and own the Benetel upper layer 1 strategy including R&D roadmap, interface architectures and specifications, in partnership with Benetel R&D team.
- Develop and protect intellectual property assets around Benetel O-RU technologies and solutions
- Represent Benetel as subject matter expert to partners, customers and wider industry forums
- Act as technical lead on joint development programs with strategic O-DU partners
- Support the Test team in development of Benetel test strategies and test implementations ensuring comprehensive test coverage
- Enhance other O-RU components as needed to enhance O-DU/O-RU performance
- Consult on debug of highly complex (SW and HW) issues in end-to-end deployment scenarios in development/lab/field testing conditions to improve the overall system performance
- Support colleagues in other Benetel engineering teams where L1 or end-to-end expertise is needed
Applying for the role is easy – simply click “Apply Now” to send your CV by email to our HR Dept.
If you have any questions related to the role, please email email@example.com.
Please note that we do not require the assistance of agencies at this time.
Benetel is an Equal Opportunities employer.