To ensure that products necessary to deliver Benetel’s technology to the marketplace are manufactured and delivered effectively, efficiently, on-time, to specification and in a cost-effective manner. This role includes management responsibility for manufacturing output, supply chain, new product introduction and manufacturing facilities. The manufacturing manager is expected to deputize for the Operations Director as and when required.
Key Responsibilities includes:
- Manage the manufacturing & manufacturing facilities.
- Interface with R&D, Applications, business development, Sales & Finance functions.
- Contribute to the development of the businesses to deliver stable products & processes.
- Oversee the production process, drawing up a production schedule.
- Ensure that the production is cost effective.
- Make sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality.
- Estimate costs and setting the quality standards.
- Monitor the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed.
- Monitor product standards and implementing quality-control programs.
- Liaise among different departments, e.g., suppliers, managers.
- Commitment to Continuous Improvement
- Commitment to Company Quality Initiatives, including all requirements relating to ISO 9001:2015
Qualifications and Experience
The minimum educational requirement is a bachelor’s degree in any relevant technical or commercial discipline. Relevant commercial experience is a distinct requirement.
- Experience of manufacture of electronic & telecommunication products.
- Strong experience of supply chain management (including expediting, lead-time reduction, inventory management, packaging & shipping).
- Manufacturing Engineering (including M&I flow, Standard Operations, waste elimination, continuous improvement, and engineering change control).
- Communication, influencing, negotiating and assertiveness.
- Demonstrate Lean Manufacturing experience in a low volume environment.
- Experience of implementation of manufacturing functionality of ERP/MRP systems.
- Experience of improving ISO 9001:2008 within manufacturing.
- Experience of quality management / delivering Customer requirements.
- Experience of agreeing weekly production plans and targets.
Exhibit the following personal characteristics:
- Proactivity. Skilled in identifying and completing activities which assist in efficiently delivering high quality on-time solutions to customers
- Thoroughness. Works to ensure that all deliverables meet customer & company expectations
- Skilled in prioritising activities to complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to learn quickly and works to keep skills and knowledge up to date
- Ability to work well with customers, colleagues and partners.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Understands, complies with, and improves quality system processes
- A high level of integrity and trustworthiness
- Willingness to undertake national and international travel for short periods
Demonstrated ability in the following leadership competencies:
- Decision Making & Risk Mitigation
- Project planning and management.
- Development process knowledge
- Developing & motivating junior staff in similar roles
- Strong communications skills both internal and customer facing
- Promotes a customer focussed ethos & demonstrates Business Acumen