Benetel is a leading developer of small cell 4G and 5G base stations and remote radio units for public and private cellular networks. Benetel develops and supplies O-RAN compliant O-RUs and has integrated with multiple O-DU platforms extending from those from the leading vendors to completely open-source solutions. Our ambitions are to build on these successes to be a world-leading O-RU vendor with technically differentiated products serving specialised market segment needs.
The Senior Communications Systems Software Engineer position will provide the successful candidate an opportunity to join a fast-growing team supporting the development, integration, and deployment of Benetel O-RU solutions to the market.
The engineer will be responsible for L1 software development on DU platforms and the integration of Benetel’s O-RUs.
The role also encompasses SW development on leading-edge dedicated SOC processors to implement L1 and associated functions on 4G and 5G O-RU platforms. The position can be based at our locations in Dublin, Ireland, or Gdynia, Poland and a high degree of remote working is also possible.
It is expected that candidates will have a minimum of a Batchelor’s Degree in Electronic or Software Engineering and 8 years minimum relevant experience.
Skills & Expertise
The following skills and expertise are desired:
- 4G/5G Layer 1 Software Development
- Understanding of overall 5G architecture and vRAN operating theory and architecture
- Familiarity with O-RU architecture, O-RAN split 7-2x fronthaul, and eCPRI interfaces as well as A1, F1, E1, E2 interfaces
- Familiarity with Intel FlexRAN and OpenAirInterface Software
- Understanding of the packet exchange, Communications protocol, Messaging/ handshake between the UL1 and the LL1
- Experience with LTE/5G network performance and user experience analysis and optimization
- Familiarity with 3GPP protocol standards, 5G NSA and SA call flows, Mobile Communications, Communication Theory, protocols (RTP/TCP/UDP/IP), DSP, MIMO techniques
- C/C++ programming in real-time systems
- Python programming
- DPDK programming
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, written, and graphical)
“We do not require the assistance of agencies at this time or accept applications from such agencies”